20100119

The battle of evermore


"i dont believe you!, i cant, i wont.." he yelled to me as i was leaving the pier.
"you dont have to..thats the beauty of the truth you can either believe it or not."That was the only response i could give him on that last night of summer. I remember it so clearly. It was the day the..no.. my world crumbled. As i told him this tears followed, in that moment i knew i couldnt be there anymore. In that moment anywhere but there was where i needed to be. I was all alone, a feeling i was often used to before i met him a feeling that was engraved in my head to "get used to". I was doing it again leaving the one thing that filled the void i had my whole life. It was empty i was empty and realizing this a sad smile crossed my face. A place i once considered my sanctuary was now tainted with his voice.
"How can i ever come to the pier again without hearing those last words of his rush to my head?" I found myself saying this like i was trying to convince myself it was impossible to come back. One look back though and i was gone forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment